Monday, January 12, 2009

Breakfast for lunch...


As an intermediate foodie, I sometimes have to remind myself that there are no rules when it comes to food. No rules against pairing food combinations together, how we must prepare a type of food, or when we should eat said food. After a treacherous car accident today, I was pretty shaken up when I got home. I laid down and relaxed for a bit, but pretty soon, it was time for lunch and I had a family begging to be nourished. Since my husband works from home, he is lucky enough to partake of my foodie cooking all day long. I also feel a natural desire to make meals special on a regular basis since I know a tasty meal shows him how much I appreciate all he does for our family.

So today, in the spirit of ease and of tastiness, I decided to make some hearty breakfast foods for lunch. I thought it would warm everyone's tummy and soothe our stress from the events that took place earlier in the day. Kind of a 'new start.'

So, I made simple foods: Fried Eggs, Refrigerated Canned Biscuits, and paired them with a new favorite, Aidell's Maple and Sweet Potato Sausage Links. They come fully cooked, so they are a snap to prepare and the flavor is amazing. The maple adds a sweet flavor you expect in breafast sausage, and the sweet potato continues the sweetness in an unexpected way. My husband and the girls devoured their sausage first, and I'll be honest, so did I. There's a recipe on the back of the package for some soup that you can make with them, that sounds just fantastic. I'll probably try that next week, and I'll post the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment