Sunday, February 1, 2009

Trying something new...

I am a foodie that has been earnestly brushing up on her cooking creativity. I love delicious foods and textures and have been trying to learn new things in the kitchen. Some things though, SCARE me, and I have decided to get out of my comfort zone and tackle those things that make me uncomfortable.

The first thing, is the avocado. Now, I am quite the lover of a good avocado and I have even made a decent guacamole in my day. But, I have been loathe to branch out with this delicious fruit and add it into my daily cooking. I eat it "out" all of the time, and the softness and depth of flavor is what makes my mouth sing. It definetely adds oomph to recipes and I am determined to add that same oomph to MY recipes. So, last night, while at Meijer, I purchased 3 avocados. I will be using them all over the next few days, and NONE of them will be used in a guacamole dip.

To familiarize myself with the fruit, tonight I am making nachos with fresh sliced avocado. I think tomorrow I'll make some eggs with it... slowly but surely, nothing is going to scare me in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment