Friday, February 27, 2009

Sweet potatoes... not just for holidays!

I made a recipe from the Sonoma Diet Cookbook that was fabulous. They've titled it "Sweet Potato and Cranberry Bake" and it takes sweet potatoes to a new level. It pairs sweet potatoes with some unconventional ingredients like dijon mustard and olive oil. I prepared it with what I had in the cupboard, so I tweaked the recipe and it was delightful... Here is my version:

  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Mix the following: 3 tablespoons Gulden's dijon mustard, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons honey, 2 teaspoons dried thyme, 1 tsp salt, fresh ground pepper to taste (I was liberal with it).
  3. Toss with 2 1/2 pounds skinned sweet potatoes that have been cut into 2 inch cubes.
  4. Mix in 1 cup Craisins.
  5. Bake covered for an hour and a half.
Although the mustard seems unusual, and sweet pototoes are thought to be best friends with butter, this version is a delight to your tastebuds.

No comments:

Post a Comment