Friday, February 20, 2009

Grey Dog Coffee. they have the best sandwich ever!

I went to Grey Dog Coffee with some old friends today. It is located in the West Village (NYC), and they have an extensive coffee menu, as well as food menu. I'd eyed the menu online before we went, and found a sandwich I knew I had to try. The #7 is a sandwich made on your choice of bread (I chose olive bread), with thinly sliced granny smith apples, brie, and raspberry mustard. You can also include turkey on it, but I told them I didn't want the turkey.... This sandwich was UNBELIEVABLE. I had plenty of leftovers, and gladly took it back to the hotel. My husband, who lacks a 'foodie' gene and prefers meat and potatoes also agreed on the superiority of this sandwich. The bread was thick with a hint of olive in the flour. The crisp apples added sweetness, brie added smoothness, and paired with the raspberry mustard, wow... That mustard had Dijon in it, so it had a bit of heat, that was easily tempered by the sweetness of the berries. What a combination. I'll be making these sandwiches at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment