Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tomato and Mozzarella Salad... taste of summer!


I love when tomatoes are in season, as they are now. The whole family loves them, and thinks the more the merrier... so, I make tomato and mozzarella salad fairly often. It never lasts for long, and I frequently get complaints that I didn't make enough. The salad is a simple one, that doesn't require terribly specific amounts of ingredients, and can be made to taste. This is what I use in mine:

8 firm roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
1 pound of soft mozzarella (I like the mozzarella balls packed in water)
Ken's Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
A handful of minced fresh basil
Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste

I use enough dressing to **lightly** coat the ingredients, and add the pepper when it is being served. Such a simple recipe, so healthy, and we can all eat it for every meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment